With 36 stainless steel spokes you know
this wheelchair wheel is strong and stable.
The two wheels have a load capacity of 150 kg.
Scott explains how to measure your pins…
Your existing wheels hub width will most likely be slightly different to these off road wheels – therefore you will need a different length pin than you usually use. This is easy for us to work out so we send you the correct pins that will work – all we need is the length of the pin that comes out the wheel when it is not attached.
Most wheelchairs pins are 1/2 inch in diameter – in millimetres this equals 12.7mm. Our wheels come with 1/2 inch bearing to take 1/2 inch pins. If you have different (some wheelchairs are 12mm and slightly ‘thinner’) then we can send some different bearings, please let us know before you order.
- Sturdy extra strong wheel for safe off-road travel
- Standard ½-inch axle diameter hole for easy interchange
- Black anodised aluminium handrims for style and speed
- Unique ‘off centre’ hub – so they fit perfect and don’t hit the side guard!
- 53 mm hub width with 10-mm offset flange
- 36 stainless steel spokes for extra strength
- 150 kg load capacity over two wheels
- Inner layer protection makes punctures a thing of the past
The tyres which come on these 24-inch off road wheelchair wheels have high-quality 50
EPI carcasses – meaning they will take some serious strain and be near impossible to puncture.
The tyres are clever, they have large outer lugs to improve grip on the off road rough terrain, but maintain a
central rib section to decrease resistance to rolling – so it is still possible to push without being too hard.
These tyres feature K guard puncture protection. This is a protective layer of natural rubber
which is reinforced with Kevlar® fibres. That means that you can ride with confidence anywhere.